NASW MT Board of Directors – Benefits and Responsibilities:
Board Member Benefits
- Free Continuing Education – NASW Montana defers conference, Clinical Supervisor Training Course, and LCSW Test Preparation Course registration fees for all Board members, up to a $675 value!
- As the Board meets 4 times a year, 2 of the meetings are teleconferences and 2 are convened in Helena. NASW Montana reimburses all board members their mileage and travel expenses for the 2 Helena meetings.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Board members are requested to serve on a standing committee or task force. NASW Montana committees and task force are:
- Continuing Education
- Social Action and Policy (Legislative)
- Clinical Supervision Task Force
- Regional Representatives Regional Representative Role Description
- Need to contact New, Reinstated, and Lapsed Members in their region on a monthly basis. NASW Montana provides back up support from other members to assist in making these monthly contacts, and provides regional representatives with updated lists of new, reinstated, and lapsed members in their region.
- The Montana Chapter Standards state that a minimum of 4 quarterly meetings should be held each year in each region. NASW Montana provides regional representatives with updated email lists of members in their region (on a quarterly basis).